Thursday, May 3, 2012

Scrapbooking: Hobby then, work now

 Picture representation. Not actually my stuff, but very close.
I'm too lazy to take a picture of my mess and download it
 
Been thinking about my scrapbook hobby lately. Wondering why I can't whip up enough enthusiasm to dive back into it. I think part of the reason is the disorganized mess that have turned my supplies into an intimidating pile of work. I think if it was already cleaned up, with everything in place, I might want to sit down and begin playing again. Ha! What a fantasy that is.

I think another reason I haven't picked up scrapbooking again is that I feel so behind. I started out making albums in chronological order, as is a mistake many scrappers make. This means we are going back in time, often 20-30 years. It becomes difficult to keep up the pace when I keep adding new photos to my stash. I feel as though I will never 'catch up'.  And I won't.

So I did end up choosing a few more current themed scrapbooks, and it was very enjoyable to be working 'in the present'. But, idiot that I am, I still felt as though I had to go back to the beginning. Sigh.

Eventually, I will get the energy to tackle the mountains of scrapbook stash and begin once again to enjoy an old hobby.

Until then, I will work on my procrastination skills.

After all, I wouldn't want them to get rusty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment