Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Wouldn't Cha Know It?

 

Coincidence?

I'm not sure, but interesting anyway.

When last I blogged, I went on and on about our mild, relatively snow-free winter.

Well, today, we got some snow. No, this wasn't a school-closing, take-your-chances and white-knuckle-on-the-roads snowfall. But it was unexpected.

Really? Go figure.

One minute I'm looking out at a vast expanse of greenish-brown grass (although where we live, grass is a very generous description for what is truly weeds.) The next minute I glance out the window again, and I am startled to see actual snow coming down, a virtual white-out. The big fat snowflakes begin to accumulate on the cold hard ground. 

But this can't be, I mutter out loud to my dozing yellow Lab, who stretches, smacks her lips, and falls back to sleep. I continue my gaze of disbelief out the window, as if I've never seen this stuff before.

Even though this snow certainly wasn't on my calendar, I have to admit, it sure looked pretty coming down all white and fluffy and stuff. In the end, we received only about an inch or so, and as I write this spell-binding weather blog, it is already beginning to melt.

This means that my 13-year-old son must continue waiting for The Big One. The Mother of all Snow Storms. The snowed-in, 4 foot drifts, school-is-cancelled sort of storm. Unfortunately, he may have to wait until next winter.


This is what's happening in Michigan. What has winter been like where you live? (I have a few readers in Australia, and they need not share their beautiful, other-side-of-the-globe weather with the rest of us poor, winter climate folks).


Unless they get a freakish blizzard. Bwaa ha ha!


(You may or may not have noticed, but it seems I have gone overboard with my use of hyphens on this blog. Oh well. Happy Hyphen Day everyone!)

No comments:

Post a Comment