Sunday, February 19, 2012

Must take care with my titles!

When I retired for the night yesterday, it suddenly occurred to me that the title of my last blog was...well...could be interpreted in such a way that...well...shucks! (and blush).

So I've learned an important lesson: I best be thinking things through to their logical conclusion. After all, I have a reputation to maintain. (I do?)

As long as I've signed on to comment on my title faux pas, I guess I may as well bring up another subject. Today's weather. It is a beautiful, sunny Sunday, albeit a bit on the cold side. But I am not complaining, oh no. This Michigan winter as been one of the mildest ones I can recall. And I hesitate to write that, certain that revealing these thoughts to anyone will certainly jinx our beautiful weather. I've been so caught up in the giddiness of this gentle winter that I've even gone so far as to recklessly comment to my husband that he probably won't have to attach the snow plow to his tractor this year. He also had the same 'jinx' thoughts as I, no doubt envisioning hastily removing the mowing deck and assembling the plow in the icy garage, all without any feeling in his fingers.

Because we live on a couple of acres out in the country, owning a tractor snow plow is a must. Attempting to remove that much snow with a snow blower would be a brutal, day-long task at best. Attempting to remove that much snow with a shovel would guarantee us an ambulance ride to the nearest EMS, the crushing weight of an elephant on our chests.

I keep wondering how long our luck will hold out. After all, it is only the middle of February, and we still have a lot of winter left.
Enough that a serious snow fall is certainly not out of the question.

An accumulation of snow that would send snow lovers and winter sports enthusiasts into a deliriously happy frenzy.
A serious snow fall that would send me into instantaneous hibernation.
And send my poor husband out into the elements to wrestle with the obligatory plow.

Will this mellow winter continue? Time will tell. Until then, carry on dear February.

You've been more than kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment