Saturday, July 16, 2011

New Blog

I just realized it has been almost a month since my last installment of All Things Exciting In Laura's World. I thought a new post was in order. So here it is:

Blog, blog, blog, blog, blog. Yada, yada, yada, yada, yada.

As you can see, I don't have a whole lot to say. Except for the fact that I have been very busy at work and haven't had much time (or energy) to blog.  Did you know that blog spelled backwards is glob? Not really, but I had you going there for a moment, didn't I? It's actually golb, which is not a word. Good thing I am here to keep everyone on their toes as far as the English language is concerned.

I actually have some exciting news to report. I have decided that my present job is not for me, and have been offered a new position. I will still be doing nursing, but it will be at McDonald's, to administer to workers who burn themselves on the deep fryer.
Had you going again, didn't I? I kill me.

Actually, it is basically similar to my present job, but with half the patients, and much more of what I got into nursing for: nursing. My job will still have a heavy emphasis on medication administration, but I will also be given the opportunity to apply what I learned in nursing school: nursing.

That means I will be doing IV therapy, wound care, that sort of thing. Something I was not exposed to at my present position. I am excited to start this new chapter of my career, which will encompass more of what I spent years working towards: nursing.

For those inclined to be interested in following the antics of my crazy life, I will try to post regularly on how things are going at this new job. But I'm certain it will be hectic at first, so you will have to be patient. I know it will be hard, and there will be a period of mourning for the loss of my regular blogs. But I believe you have the fortitude and strength to carry on with your lives, minus my exciting updates.

Meanwhile, my main focus will be not so much blogging, and more of, well,

nursing.

The End (for now, anyway)





No comments:

Post a Comment