Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Very First Posting

Okay, so I have started up my very own blog, and so far I have one visitor (that would be me). This is very exciting!  Imagine the possibilities. Writing about anything and everything, and people from all over the world clamoring to sign onto my blog to read the latest thoughts, brilliant ideas, and what-not. It's enough to make any would-be author cry tears of joy. But I digress.


I have lots to write about and so little time in which to write. At least at the present time. I am currently in the home stretch of what has turned out to be a seven year "ordeal" of sorts: I am graduating from the ADN nursing program. That is Associates Degree in Nursing for those who are one step away from slipping into a coma from this scintillating drama. It is not a seven year program, but because I never went to college after high school, I had to take many, many classes, just to become functionally literate once more! And then there were the pre-requisites. The dreaded "classes before the real classes." They were required in order to even be considered for the nursing program. Anatomy and Physiology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Chemistry. Just typing the words begins to turn my insides into a quivering mass of worthless intestines. Oh, please don't misinterpret this as some sort of diatribe against the pre-nursing program. I just have unpleasant memories of sitting for hours upon hours in the classroom, taking notes upon endless notes, dissecting sad, shriveled fetal pigs, etc. It's enough to make me twitch.

Speaking of twitching, it is time to wrap this up, because I have actual wrapping to do: Christmas gift wrapping. I vowed I would not wait until the last minute. Today is December 14. And since I am wrapping gifts for a party that is on the 19th, I think I'm doing fairly well. Stay tuned. The excitement continues....

2 comments:

  1. Where do I " Like " this ? Oh , wrong forum ! I think Doug should do one of these too . You both are excellent writers . I am adept at following ( see followers ) and finding things ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, you have always "had a way with words". I am happy you are trying your hand at this. I do see you writing a novel in the future and I will be able to say "I knew her when".

    Matt, your right, Doug should do one too!

    ReplyDelete